Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Look old woman..I saw it first!!!....

Once again I have the daunting task of playing "Christmas Elf", which i guess can have it ups and downs.The up side is that if I'm buying every ones Christmas presents then no one can complain about what they get( evil laugh...muuuuahhhhhh).I try to pick their top 3 favorite "I gotta have it or I'll die" gift ideas and set out on a long and dangerous journey battling old(but very agile) greedy grannies who never hesitate to throw an elbow in your face if you try to "battle" for the last gift on the shelf.After many bruises and a car load of "I got it" and "I came close but at least no one else has it because it's not the coolest thing in the world right now",I usually head to the nearest source of food,order something that will fill me up so much that they will have to roll me out the door,kick my feet up and take a long deserved break...phew..I'm getting tired just thinking about what lays ahead..But I guess I look forward to it year after year and I take comfort in that..early bird sales..all day shopping...eating a quick bite between stores...ahhh...beautiful ain't it?...lol..I think next year I will order everything from Overstock.com,Fleet Farm.com and the such..and then take myself out to lunch and hunt for some last minute stocking stuffers,wrapping paper and maybe decorations for the tree(mostly I am making home made decorations and home made painted ornaments with the kiddos).I usually make home made coco and put holiday movies on while I wrap and decorate and it keeps the kiddos busy which in my book is a blessing..lol.

 Until next time my holiday elf...hugs,smiles and best wishes!!

  ScoobyDoo :)

No comments: