Monday, November 8, 2010

I'm dreadfully sorry Mr.Turkey..but you have to lay your head on the chopping block...don't worry I promise to have mashed potatoes AND greenbeans.. Gobble Goble!

Ahhh..good morning my love..the air is chilly and the smell of Autumn is in the air.Oh how I love the smell of burnt leaves and wood stoves gracefully floating through the nippy air and making its way to my sensitive nose..(ahhhchew!!)I often sit and think about my loved ones who are no longer with me and I get a sense of homesickness for them. Family and friends are planning for the Holidays(gobble gobble) and Ol'Saint Nick is getting ready to check off his list.If nothing else in my life is going right I can always count on the Holidays to somehow magically set it right again.For me there is nothing better than curled up in front of the T.V., holiday movie marathons and good food and warm drinks.I think if I listen closely I can hear the volunteers ringing their bells persuading us to donate to a worthy cause..I can almost smell the scent of pine trees and hot chocolate..lol it's funny to think that we wait all year for autumn to roll around with the excitement and BA..HUM..BUGS of Christmas,we count down the days and before we know it it's over..back to square one so to speak..I wish I could live where Autumn and Christmas only existed..not only for the food and what nots but also the weather..hmmmmm.. lol Alaska/Canada here I come!!!..lol. To me Family is very important, whether by blood or not! Ohana means Family and family means no one gets left behind!!(thank you Lilo and Stitch!! :)  ). I have made it a personal goal to spend time with each of my Family members,to get to know them more and to hear their "story"....absorb their comments and movements..take it all in...because we are not promised tomorrow and all we have is today...hold them close and love them. Happy Holidays my love!!

 Until next time my holiday helper..hugs,smiles and best wishes!!

  ScoobyDoo :)

No comments: